Monday, May 7, 2018

Decrotive Cutting Board Tutorial

Hi there crafty friends! Sharing a tutorial I did for Lori Whitlock.

I found this cute shaped cutting board at Michael's they also had a few other shapes as well. But I needed the chicken.




The Farm Fresh Eggs comes from the Farm Animal Dingbats Font. You can find it here in Loris shop and here in the Silhouette store. This type of file is uploaded like a new font to your computer that can then be used in your cutting software.


Once I had the font loaded to my computer I typed out the alphabet until I found the image I wanted. In this case it is the letter O.


I enlarged the image to 8 inches wide and sent it to my cutting mat. I cut the image out of chalkboard vinyl. I like how sticky it is and the texture it gives to the words.


When possible I like to weed my cut images while they are still on the cutting mat. So that when it comes time to place the transfer tape the image is flat and secure.


I centered my cut image on the cutting board using the jute hanger as a guide.


Pressing really hard I rubbed each letter then peeled up the transfer tape.


Here she is all cute and ready to ship. Enjoy the rest of your week an thanks for stopping by!


Brandie


No comments:

Post a Comment