Thursday, July 19, 2018

Tag Mini Album Tutorial


Hi there crafty friends! I am over on Lori Whitlock's blog today sharing this tutorial. 


I know this project isn't anything we haven't all already seen before, but it is a great reminder of all the great basic shapes Lori has available.



I used several cut files. 12 Tags (SVG, Silhouette) Tag Mini Album (SVG, Silhouette) Pine Trees (SVG, Silhouette) Fill Life with Adventures (SVG, Silhouette) and Fish (SVG, Silhouette).

Once I ha everything uploaded I resized everything to fit 3.5 x 2.5 inch picture. I wanted some varying sizes on the tags so I made some a little smaller and some a little bigger. 


I got everything cut out and glued the tag pieces together. I cut 12 tags and printed 36 pictures so I needed a way to include a few picture on each tag. 


On a couple of the tags I stacked 3 or 4 pictures together, punched a hole in the top left corner, inserted a brad, then flipped the tag over and added washi tape to the prongs so that I wont have to worry about snags or tearing on the next tag.



Another way to add several picture to a tag is to create a washi tape hinge. Place a strip of washi tape at the top of each picture, stack the pictures in a cascade, turn over and adhere to the tag, flip each picture over and apply another strip of washi tape to the back of the picture.


Embellish each tag. I used stickers, washi tape, die cuts, word strips, and twine. I also did a little mixed media on a few of the tags for added texture.


I printed the Fill life with adventures not things on a transparency and placed it on top of a group picture.







The patterned papers and ephemera are from the Gone Camping Collection by Carta Bella. 

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Brandie 

No comments:

Post a Comment