Thursday, August 22, 2019

Pumpkin Shelf Sitter

Hi there crafty friends! I have an easy Fall décor tutorial to share today! I love Fall, the colors, smells, and cooler temperatures. Another of my Fall favorites is pumpkins. I usually start pulling out my pumpkins this time of year. I want to enjoy them for as long as possible before all the Christmas holiday stuff shows up.



I used the pumpkins from the Pop Up Box Card Pumpkins (SVG, Silhouette). I like that the pumpkin segments are separate giving the pumpkins some depth. I cut two layers of chipboard and one layer of cardstock or pattern paper. When cutting the chipboard go slow and make several passes. I used my machines preprogramed setting and did not have any troubles. The plaid paper comes from the new Echo Park My Favorite Fall collection.

The width of the large pumpkin is 11.5 and the width of the small pumpkin is 6.5. I used the Scotch tacky glue to glue each layer. Then placed a heavy book on top of the pumpkins while the glue dried.
Before I assembled the pumpkins I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. I then used tacky glue to assemble the pumpkin layers.

I tied some raffia and ribbons from my stash around the stems. I then glued the smaller pumpkin to larger one.



Now these cuties will be sitting on my bookshelf all season. I hope this project inspires you to use Lori's cut files in your crafty décor pieces. Thanks for stopping by!

Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment