Thursday, February 22, 2018

Rolled Flower Arrow Sign Tutorial for Lori Whitlock Creative Team


Hi there crafty friends!

One of my goals for this year is to complete several of my in process projects. I am guilt of starting several projects at once then not finishing them to start something else. Ha! I hope I'm not the only one!



This sign is one of those projects. I attended Pinners conference two year ago and purchased the kit to make this sign. For the longest time I only had the arrow painted on the wood. Yesh!  The original design included felt flowers that I did not like so being the paper loving girl I am I found some rolled flowers that are perfect.

I used Rolled Flower 30, Rolled flower 31, and Rolled flower 32. You can find them in Loris shop and in the Silhouette store.

I uploaded the flowers into Cricut Design space duplicated and resized them to have three different sizes.



I cut the flowers out of 65lb cardstock. I prefer the lighter cardstock for making flowers. I find it easier to work with. I started with the outside end and wound the petals toward the center circle. While still holding the flower I loosened my grip on the flower to let it out a little. I applied some hot glue to the circle then pushed the petals down on the glue. I then flared the petals out to create a more natural look.


I dry fit the flowers on the arrow first. I then glued the leaves on the flowers and then glued the flowers onto the arrow.


I have this sign as part of a gallery wall in my front entire. That's it for me today.



Thanks for stopping by!

Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment